Get in the holiday spirit with some honey roasted cranberries. Drizzle these on top of a creamy bed of orange flecked ricotta cheese on a crispy baguette and you’ll have a festive crostini appetizer for any party!
Did you know that this week is Cranberry week? You might think that it is turkey week given that Thanksgiving is Thursday but we are celebrating the wonderfully tart and sweet side dish that goes with it so naturally.
I’m posting two cranberry recipes this week but there are so many more on the blogosphere!
Just search for cranberry on Pinterest and you will be amazed at what you see! Some of them are crostini recipes which are a great way to start your Thanksgiving meal!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Our Thanksgiving is a unique one in that we have such an extended family that we can only get together once a year. We ear-mark this time to come together for a few days and catch up on our lives.
Also to maintain our traditions and heritage.
With so many people to serve, sometimes upwards of 50, we usually have quite a few appetizers to stave off the hungry bellies while the actual meal is being prepared.
This also keeps wanderers out the kitchen too, which is always a plus.
I decided to make an easy appetizer this year since the host house is a few hours away and I won’t have much time to prepare.
The ingredients for this fabulous crostini can all be made ahead of time and easily transported. I love an appetizer like that!
If you have never roasted cranberries before, let me advise you to start immediately!
There is nothing wrong with the canned cranberry sauce, foodness knows we all need some help in the kitchen during holiday time, but if you have 20 minutes, I would urge you to try roasting some before the big day!
I love how much orange pairs so well with cranberries. The natural sweetness of the orange brings the flavors together and rounds them out in such a way that each one is highlighted!
The crispy French baguette begs for a creamy shmear on top so I went with a whole milk ricotta and added some orange juice and orange zest. This makes the perfect pillow to hold the tart and sweetly roasted cranberries.
The honey and the vinegar from the roasting process, along with the natural juices from the cranberries, make an incredible sauce to drizzle on top! Not to mention how gorgeous the color contrasts are!
This Honey Roasted Cranberry Ricotta Crostini will be the highlight of your holiday spread and make you the holiday hostess with the mostess!
MORE EASY TAPAS
- 1/2 cup Honey Roasted Cranberries
- 10 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 small baguettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the fresh cranberries, honey, and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour on a baking sheet that has been covered with foil. I used a silicone baking sheet as well as the honey can get sticky.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cranberries are bursting.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the crostini, slice the baguette and brush the slices with the olive oil.
- Toast the bread for 8 minutes at 350F or until toasty brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, orange juice, and zest.
- Spread a tablespoon of ricotta mixture on the the toasted bread.
- Add a tablespoon of roasted cranberry mixture to the ricotta.
- Sprinkle with orange zest for garnish.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Grab a package of fresh cranberries this year and wow your guests with this amazing appetizer! Don’t use all the cranberries as I am going to show you how to add them to a bubbly cocktail later this week!
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (No Bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Smoothie from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Honey Roasted Orange Ricotta Crostini from Take Two Tapas
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.