The Spicy Pretzel Nuggets are a crunchy snack, both spicy and salty, that will wow you with a sneaky hint of smoke!
Seasoned with sriracha, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, these spicy pretzels are super easy with the perfect crunch!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
There is nothing fragile and flimsy about what I am about to share with you, so prepare yourself. Forget everything you know about chips and pretzels and leave the pre-made seasoning packets off your grocery shopping lists because you won’t need them.
Four pantry staples are all you need to make a spicy, savory, and smoky sauce that makes these Sriracha Black Pepper Pretzel Nuggets out of this world!
Pretzels are on a very short list of perfect snack foods. Chips, pretzels, crackers, popcorn, pickles, and nuts, yes I said pickles, are all perfect in their natural, plain state.
But sometimes they need a kick. The title has the words Sriracha and Black Pepper in it for foodness sake. Both of these ingredients have CRAZY STRONG flavors and that’s why I chose a pretzel with a little meat on its bones.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Spicy Pretzel Ingredients
- bag of pretzels pretzel (I like the nuggets)
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
How to make spicy pretzels
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 200F. Mix the seasoning sauce in a bowl.
STEP TWO: Place pretzels in a large bowl. Pour the sauce mixture over the pretzels nuggets and toss to coat.
STEP THREE: Spread them evenly on a baking sheet pan (in a single layer) and bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes until crispy!
How long will they last?
The seasoned pretzels will last up to 3 weeks if you keep them in an air tight container at room temperature.
How to store them
Keep them in an air tight container at room temperature. I don’t recommend refrigerating or freezing the pretzels as the moisture will make them soggy and stale.
Be it for tailgating, snacking at home, or as a hostess gift for an upcoming party, these Sriracha Black Pepper Seasoned Pretzel Recipe will be a hit! Just make sure you have plenty to drink to wash them down with!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
I hope your family and friends love this recipe as much as we do!
Pretzel Snacks to Share
- cinnamon sugar pretzels
- french onion pretzels
- crack pretzels
- pumpkin espresso pretzels
- dipped pretzel rods
Spicy Pretzels Recipe
- 12 ounces Pretzel Nuggets
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper (coarse ground)
Mix the Black Pepper Sauce
- In a small bowl mix the Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, and black pepper with the olive oil.
- Whisk to combine.
- Set Aside.
Bake the Pretzel Nuggets
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl pour the pretzel nuggets.
- Pour the Sriracha Olive oil mixture over the pretzel nuggets.
- Toss, stir, or combine with your hands to coat all the pretzel nuggets.*
- Pour the coated pretzel nuggets onto the lined baking sheet.
- Be sure to get all the coating mixture out of the bowl with a spatula. You don't want to leave any behind!
- Spread pretzel nuggets into a single layer.
- Bake at 200F for 50 minutes, stirring and respreading every 15 minutes or twice during the cooking time to prevent burning.
- When finished cooking, remove the pretzels from the oven.
- Let cool and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week!
*If you are going to toss with your hands I would recommend wearing gloves as Sriracha on your hands and eventually in your mouth, eye, or somewhere else is going to hurt later!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 621mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.