Making your own marshmallows is easy and fun. Make them into any shape or flavor that you want and it’s cheaper than the store bought ones!
- 3 packages of powdered gelatin (packages are 0.25 ounces or 1 tablespoon each)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cornstarch for dusting pan
- Powdered sugar for dusting marshmallows
- Add the three packages of powdered gelatin and 1/2 cup water to the bowl of a mixer.
- Let stand and bloom while you are cooking sugar.
- In a separate heavy-bottomed saucepan, add 1/2 cup water, corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and add the candy thermometer.
- Cook until temperature reaches 240F or the soft-ball stage.
- Once the sugar reaches that temperature, remove from heat, turn on the mixer on low, and drizzle the sugar mixture into the gelatin.
- Once you have added all the sugar, turn the mixer on high and whip until it turns bright white and thick!
- While the marshmallow is whipping, dust a 9X13 dish with cornstarch.
- Add the vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the dusted pan.
- Dust some more cornstarch on top to coat the marshmallow.
- Leave uncovered all night to firm up.
- The next day, turn out the marshmallow onto a cutting board.
- Cut your marshmallows into your shapes.
- Dust the cut marshmallows with powdered sugar to coat the sticky edges.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week!
- Category: Dessert, snacks
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Marshmallow, pumpkin pie spice, treats, snacks