Last updated on February 6th, 2020 at 02:11 pm
Want a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day but want to skip the reservations? These Polenta Mozzarella Stacks are an easy way to WOW your date and your taste buds!
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
How do you make Rosa Sauce?
A Rosa Sauce is just as delicious as the name sounds. A rosy pink colored sauce made by combining two sauces that are rich and flavorful alone but taste even better when combined! You can spend hours of time preparing and cooking Marinara and Alfredo sauce or you can spend that time with your special someone and grab them at the store.
Straight from Tuscany, Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce and Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce are made with non-GMO ingredients and have layers of flavor locked in which gave me the idea to create a unique dish with some layers too!
Just take me to the Polenta Mozzarella Stacks Recipe Already!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy Polenta Mozzarella Stacks recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Serve Tapas for a Romantic Dinner
Keeping it sexy and romantic, means dressing nice, setting the table with pretty decorations, and enjoying a leisurely dinner together. It’s not very sexy to inhale large portions of food and then fall asleep so I opt to serve tapas or appetizer portions, like I do every night!
Just because it’s tapas doesn’t mean that it can’t be filling or elegant. These Polenta Mozzarella Stacks are not only light, but they are colorful and layered with fresh spinach and creamy mozzarella cheese! They look even better nestled in a warm pool of rich Rosa Sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and funny stories. For my entire disclosure policy click here.
What to make for Valentine’s Day Date Night?
Do you think it’s cheesy to feed your date a bite of food? If you don’t think so, and want to feed your special someone a bite from your plate, these mini meatballs are perfect for that. Just be sure to swirl them around in the Rosa Sauce!
Look how amazing the Rosa Sauce looks as the Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce mixes with the Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce and hugs the meatballs!
I always think of Italian food when I am planning a romantic evening in and to me, meatballs are a sexy way to enjoy dinner with my husband. It also helps that he loves meatballs any day of the year. What better dish to serve on Valentine’s Day?
Other great Bertolli Mixed Rosa Sauce recipes to try!
- Rosa Cheese Tortellini Pasta Bake
- Rosa Chicken Bake
- Chicken & Peas Rosa Gnocchi
- Creamy Rosa Caprese Gnocchi with Blistered Tomatoes
- Sausage, Peppers, and Onions with Creamy Rosa Polenta
If you like reading my posts and seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for behind the scenes photos and much, much more:
Sign up to receive a free email in your inbox with each new recipe:
If you love this Easy Polenta Mozzarella Stacks Recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Easy Polenta Mozzarella Stacks Recipe
- 8 ounces prepared Polenta (1 cup dry prepared with water)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 fresh spinach leaves
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1/3 lb ground lamb
- 1/3 lb ground pork
- 1/3 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- If using dry polenta, cook according to instructions, cool, and cut into 3 inch round discs.
- Heat oil in a pan, sear the polenta rounds on each side.
- Keep warm in the oven while you make the meatballs.
Prepare the meatballs
- Combine meats, spices, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Scoop or roll into 1.5 inch meatballs.
- In the pan you cooked the polenta rounds in, sear the meatballs.
- Place on a baking sheet when browned and bake the rest of the way in the oven while you prepare the Rosa Sauce
Prepare the Rosa Sauce
- In the skillet where you seared the meatballs, combine the Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce and the Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and let the flavors combine until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
Assemble the Polenta Mozzarella Stacks
- On each plate, add a heaping ladle of Rosa Sauce.
- Add a polenta round.
- Top with a slice of mozzarella and a few spinach leaves.
- Top with another round of layers, ending with one more polenta round on top.
- Spoon some more Rosa Sauce on the top.
- Add a few meatballs around the edge.
- Serve warm!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 24g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.