A fun new way to eat thin crust pizza, which is my favorite crust, is my pepperoni pizza packets. Crispy and spicy and totally dippable!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup tomato sauce (pizza or marinara optional)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- non-stick spray (olive oil optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet arrange 12 wonton wrappers.
- On each wonton wrapper, place 2 pepperoni slices in the middle.
- Top with a teaspoon of sauce.
- Top with a tablespoon of shredded cheese keeping it all in the middle.
- Brush the edges with water and top with another wonton wrapper.
- Press the wrappers together pressing out the air in the middle and sealing the edges tight.
- Continue until all 12 pepperoni pizza packets are covered and sealed.
- Spray all the wonton wrappers with non-stick spray or brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when they are golden brown.
- Serve with the remaining sauce, heated up if you prefer.
When I cooked my pepperoni pizza packets it took 20 minutes to get them toasty brown. Your oven may vary so start checking on them after 10 minutes.
*If you like this recipe don’t forget to give it a star rating.*
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 256