These quick and easy Peppermint Sandwich Cookies are the perfect way to spread cheer. Use a cookie mix, some ready to use frosting and throw in some crushed candy canes for a great cookie to share!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (1.5oz)
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Cookie Frosting in green (7 oz)
- 2 candy canes (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix the cookie mix pouch, egg, and butter together until dough forms.
- Use a small scoop and make 1/2 inch balls of dough on a parchment lined sheet.
- Flatten with a fork, like you would a traditional peanut butter cookie.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
- Remove pan and let cookies sit for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, spread some frosting on one half of the sandwich.
- Let the frosting sit for about 5 minutes before adding the top cookie. The frosting is thin and needs to set before you add the top cookie or it will run out the sides.
- Roll the sandwich cookies in the crushed candy canes to dust the frosting edges with candy.
- Pack and deliver to #SpreadCheer!
Keywords: Peppermint, Cookies, Christmas cookies