Last updated on February 6th, 2020 at 03:57 am
When I was looking through my vintage cookbooks this last time, I stumbled upon a few pound cake recipes that ranged from a “light version” to the hard-core traditional one that actually calls for a pound of each of the ingredients. Do you know how any eggs are in a pound? 10! That’s crazy!
I can’t read a recipe like that and not try it. I didn’t have to go to the store because I always have those ingredients on hand so I mixed one up and threw it in the oven. Four thousand hours later, that 4 pound cake was finally done. That colossal cake was so rich and yummy my arteries are still crying. I can’t tell you how many burpees I did to get rid of those few bites of deliciousness.
Here was a breakdown of the ingredients:
4 sticks of butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
What in the world! No wonder that cake was the best cake ever baked! Based on the calorie count I really only needed one or two bites, so I thought that I might make these in bite sized portions so that I will only eat one or two bites instead of 1 or 2 slab-sized pieces!
And since I was shrinking them down a few sizes, I thought I would throw in some cream cheese (because it wasn’t rich enough as it is) and change some of the other amounts so it won’t take 12 hours to bake. Here is my mini version so you can have your cake and not feel guilty!
*notice how I didn’t go full cliche there?
Mix all the ingredients until fully incorporated.
Scoop a tablespoon amount into well greased mini-muffin pans and bake!
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (, room temperature)
- 3 sticks butter (, room temperature)
- 6 eggs (, room temperature)
- 3 cups cake flour ((2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour if you don't have cake))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grease and flour your cake pan that you are using.
- In your mixer combine cream cheese, butter, and sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- While the mixer is on, add the eggs one at a time, waiting until the previous egg has been fully incorporated.
- Add in the flour, salt, and vanilla.
- Divide batter into muffin tins or pan.
- Place in cold oven and turn on to 300F.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2162Total Fat: 126gSaturated Fat: 62gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 54gCholesterol: 646mgSodium: 1817mgCarbohydrates: 249gFiber: 1gSugar: 223gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.