Do you enjoy Pot Stickers at your favorite Asian restaurant? Let me show you how to make Pot Stickers at home!
If you have never made Pot Stickers at home, don’t fret because it is easier than you think and can be cooked in a variety of ways.
HOW TO MAKE POT STICKERS AT HOME
- you can use a bamboo steamer – 15-20 minutes (line with lettuce or spray with non-stick coating)
- or in a pressure cooker/instant pot which is all the rage now – 7 minutes on steam and they are ready!
- my favorite way is pan frying – searing the bottom of the pot sticker in a small amount of oil in a hot pan until they are golden brown. Finish by steaming for a few minutes in broth or water.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
For this recipe I used a bamboo steamer. A fun cooking method and the steamer looks great on the table when you’re getting the rest of the meal ready!
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING POT STICKERS
- hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- chili paste or sriracha
- wonton wrappers
- ground pork or beef
- water chestnuts
- green onions
The pot stickers can be eaten by themselves but they are always fun with a dipping sauce. The store has a ton of options if you are short on time but why not make your own?!!
This recipe will help you make your own homemade pot stickers! Grab some friends and make it a party!
MORE PARTY FOODS
- Crock pot corn dip
- Sweet and spicy pepper jelly
- Asian wonton tacos
- Chicken bacon ranch dip
- French onion chicken meatballs
Homemade Pot Stickers Filling
- 1 lb pork (ground)
- 1 tsp ginger (ground)
- 2 stalks green onion (sliced thin)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 package wonton wrappers (48 wrappers)
- cabbage or kale leaves for steaming
- Slice the onions and mince the garlic.
- Lightly mix all of the ingredients together (except the wonton wrappers). Don't over-mix, just make sure everything is combined.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers on a board and have a small bowl of water nearby.
- Place one teaspoon of mixture in the middle of each wrapper.
- Dip your finger into the water bowl and run it all the way around the edge of the wrapper.
- Fold the edges together and seal, crimping edges if desired.
- Set finished Pot Stickers aside.
- Complete the process with all of the pot stickers.
- Find a pot your bamboo steamer will fit in and fill with about two inches of water.
- Turn on high and bring to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, line the bamboo steamer with lettuce or kale leaves.
- Set the pot stickers on the lettuce and do not overcrowd.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes until the pot stickers are cooked.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, enjoy!
*It's best not to overfill the pot stickers or they will burst when cooking.
*Depending on how large you fill them, this recipe makes 36-40 pot stickers.
*If you like this recipe, rate it with some stars!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Hi! My name is Deb and I blog over at Bowl Me Over where I share casual comfort food, most of which ends up in a bowl (hence the name Bowl Me Over). I appreciate the opportunity to stop by and share a fun delicious bite with you today. I hope you’ll really love these yummy Pot Stickers!
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.