All the yummy flavors of caramel, chocolate, pecans, and coconut are found not only in a cake but in my German Chocolate Popcorn!
For the popcorn base
- 1/2 teaspoon Barleans Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup white popcorn kernels (unpopped)
- 1 scoop Barleans Chocolate Silk Greens Powder
For the German Chocolate Popcorn
- 3 ounces Toasted Coconut Chips (I use Dang brand)
- 1/2 cup Milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups Toasted pecans (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
Let’s pop the popcorn!
- Grab a medium to a large-sized pot with a lid.
- Put it on the stove on medium heat without the lid on.
- Add the coconut oil and three popcorn kernels.
- Cover and wait till all three kernels are popped.
- Once all three kernels are popped, remove them with some tongs and then add the rest of the kernels.
- Let them cook at medium heat, shaking the pot every three seconds or so to stir the popcorn around.
- Continue popping until you hear about 3 seconds of time pass between pops.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add Image Empty the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with one scoop of the Barleans Chocolate Silk Greens Powder.
- Set aside to cool completely while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Let’s assemble the German Chocolate Popcorn!
- Spread your popcorn out onto a baking sheet.
- If it gets too crowded use two pans.*
- Melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave on medium heat in 30-second bursts until melted.
- Stir to mix evenly.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over all the popcorn.*
- While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle on the toasted pecans, toasted coconut chips, and toffee bits.
- Let sit out until the chocolate sets up.*
- When all the chocolate is set, break up the popcorn into large pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week. If it lasts that long.
*You want an even layer of popcorn so we can get chocolate on as many popcorn kernels as possible when drizzling so spread it out.
*I use a plastic bag or frosting bag with a tiny hole in it to get a small steady stream for drizzling.
*You can put the pans of popcorn in the fridge to help the chocolate set up faster.
*If you like this recipe don’t forget to rate it with some stars!
- Category: Snack
- Calories: 344