These homemade peanut butter cups will have you skipping the store-bought ones. Easy to make, better with dark chocolate to cut through the sweetness and richness of the peanut butter filling, and a few toasted hemp seeds in the middle for crunch!
- 14 ounces Divine dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Imperial powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Just Hemp Foods toasted hemp seeds
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
- When melted, put one tablespoon in each mini muffin tin opening, lined with a cupcake liner
- With the back of the spoon, spread a little up the sides of the liner.
- Place in refrigerator to set up.
- While chilling, make the filling.
- For the filling:
- Combine all the filling ingredients
- I put mine in a piping bag to make it easier to put in the chocolate cups. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off.
- Pipe a small amount in the center of the chocolate cup, leaving the sides free.
- Sprinkle some hemp seeds over each bit of peanut butter filling.
- Cover each cup with the remaining chocolate.
- Let set at room temperature until the chocolate is firm. You can place in the fridge to speed the process by putting back in the fridge. This may cause the chocolate to have a dull finish.
- Eat and enjoy!