Last updated on February 4th, 2020 at 02:29 pm
Forget using two different appliances, turn your electric pressure cooker or instant pot cooker into an air fryer! The CrispLid from Mealthy does just this and will change the way you cook!
This post is sponsored by Mealthy. I received a CrispLid to test and review. All opinions expressed here are my own.
How do I make the most of my electric pressure cooker?
Plenty of instant pot and electric pressure cooker recipes out there, but if you the food to be crispy or have the crunchy texture you can only get from frying or broiling in the oven, look no further!
Mealthy, the creators of the 9-in-1 MultiPot electric pressure cooker, has come to save the day with the CrispLid. An innovative product that converts your existing 6 or 8 quart electric pressure cooker or instant pot to an air fryer!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and funny stories. For my entire disclosure policy click here.
Mealthy has designed the CrispLid to address any concerns that you might have as a cook who only buys quality equipment that is multi-use and space-saving, a parent trying to get dinner on the table as quickly as possible, or just someone who likes a neat and tidy kitchen!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and information about the Mealthy CrispLid, just scroll to the bottom of the post for ways to purchase one!
What is a CrispLid and how does it work?
If you have an electric pressure cooker or instant pot and are contemplating getting an air fryer, then the CrispLid is for you. It turns your existing pressure cooker into an air fryer without buying another appliance!!!
I was given an instant pot/electric pressure cooker for Christmas this past year and have used it for making lots of different recipes. I haven’t used it a lot for making all my tapas and appetizer recipes unless I needed shredded meats or soups, but I love having it available.
When I started taking note of all the air fryer recipes that were popping up, I also noticed that most of them were for appetizer and smaller portion dishes which is what I love to make.
So I decided to buy an air fryer too. I bought a very inexpensive one to try out and see if it was all it was cracked up to be, and I love it! Only two problems:
- It was big and bulky. BIGGER than my pressure cooker, in fact!
- The basket is clunky and a weird oval shape so it was hard to fit food into it.
When I saw the CrispLid, I immediately thought that both of these problems would be solved. I had to try it out and see!
What can I make with my CrispLid?
Anything you can make in an air fryer you can make with the CrispLid! Because it turns your multi cooker into an air fryer. Think of the pork carnitas that you are making in your instant pot and how you can crisp/broil them in the same pot you just cooked them in!!
Here are some other recipes to try once you get your CrispLid!
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Street Corn Empanadas
- Caprese Empanadas
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Chicken Wings
- Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries
- Mini Pizza Pockets
FAQs about Mealthy CrispLid:
- Q: Do you have to wait for it to heat up?
- A: No, once you press start it starts cooking at the set temperature.
- Q: Can I put the CrispLid in the dishwasher?
- A: No, but all the accessories are dishwasher safe!
- Q: Can I put food in the fry basket and have food under it in the bottom of the pot?
- A: I have cooked food in two layers but I would recommend rotating the food during the cooking process so they are cook evenly.
- Q: Does the food have to be in a single layer in the basket?
- A: Just like your full size air fryer, if your food isn’t in a single layer I would recommend “shaking” the food or stirring to rearrange the individually pieces so they all get equal air time.
What comes with the CrispLid?
- The CrispLid itself
- Silicone mat to place the CrispLid on after use to cool down
- Steel Trivet to lift food closer to CrispLid
- Steel Fryer Basket to hold the food while air frying
- Stainless Steel Tongs for lifting the basket or food
- Instruction Manual to help you get started
- Recipe Book for inspiration
If you like reading my posts and seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for behind the scenes photos and much, much more:
Sign up to receive a free email in your inbox with each new recipe:
Perks of owning a CrispLid!
- weights only 3.25 pounds
- 10″ x 5″ for easy storage
- works with your existing electric pressure cooker
- own an air fryer at a fraction of the cost
- all the accessories are dishwasher safe
- makes all the crispy foods you enjoy
- fits any 6 or 8 quart pressure cooker pot
- easy to use
- glass lid so you can see the food cooking inside and monitor the level of doneness
- perfect results every time you use it
- cleans up easily and takes up less space than a full size air fryer
Grab a CrispLid Today!
Grab a CrispLid, along with a Multipot if you don’t already own an electric pressure cooker, on sale using the coupon code TAKETWOTAPAS! Click here to get yours today on sale.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.