It’s the day (or two) that you have been waiting 7 months for… Amazon Prime Day 2019! Where you can shop to your heart’s content on Amazon and score some great deals. So, if you recently moved (like me), need to make some home decor changes, or just need to stock up on some new kitchen items, these two days are the days to score some great deals.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and funny stories. For my entire disclosure policy click here.
Before you start shopping and exercising your fingers for all the clicks you are going to be making on that mouse and keyboard of yours, you need to know that the deals are only for those that are Prime members. If you are not a Prime member like me, you can sign up ASAP so you don’t miss out on any deals!
How to prepare for Amazon Prime Day 2019
Now that you have signed up for Prime, here are some things you need to do to prepare for the big days!
- Allow notifications on your phone/computer so you don’t miss out on any great deals. (in the Amazon App you can go to settings>notifications>turn on personalized notifications)
- Set a reminder on your phone, computer, planner, a note on your fridge or bathroom mirror that Prime Day starts on July 15th (12am PST on July 15) and lasts 48 hours until Tuesday, July 16th (11:59pm PST). Is that enough time to get all the goodies?
- Start looking at the things on your list now and click the “Watch this deal” button on them so you can get notified when those exact products you need are on sale so they don’t sell out before you get a chance to get them.
- You can shop on the computer, through the App on your mobile device, or call out to Alexa to order all the things so make sure your devices are charged and ready to go.
- You can earn money off future orders by installing the Amazon Assistant on your desktop and get notifications of deals.
- If you preload your Amazon gift card with $100 or more, they will give you an additional $10!
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods between now and Prime Day and you can get $10 on Prime Day from Amazon!
There will most likely be sales from other stores like Target, Walmart, eBay, etc. so check out the prices and see what deals work best for you.
Some of the great early Prime Day deals on Amazon that I am watching:
My all time favorite product on Amazon are these commercial grade aluminum baking sheets. I talk about them all the time and love them because they are sturdy, easy to use, heat evenly, and make perfect baked goods every time! I am not sure if they will get a discount on Prime Day but you might want to watch them if they do!
Once you get these baking sheets, I recommend silicone baking mats for them.
If you are not in mood for the mats, I really recommend these parchment sheets. I use them for just about everything and I buy them in the full sheet pan size so I can cut to fit the baking sheets, or keep them whole for rolling out pastry, placing them under messes for easy cleanup, or wrapping up sandwiches for tailgating! Best part is they don’t roll up on you. They lay flat!
These cooling racks fit inside the half sheet pans perfectly. I use them for making chicken wings extra crispy or cooking bacon in the oven.
Other great ways to save on Amazon Prime Day!
Don’t forget that Amazon has deals not only for you but for the other special people in your life.
- Got a graduate that is going off to college? Try a Prime Student membership for them so they can get deals on all those dorm necessities!
- Give Amazon Prime as a gift to someone that doesn’t have it already, but SHOULD!
- Start a Prime account for a family member!
- For the avid reader in your life, get a Kindle Unlimited membership and have access to over a million books for free. I have this for my father-in-law who loves to read!
- Get a free trial of Amazon Music so you can make a soundtrack for your life!
- Love ordering groceries online because you want to shop in yoga pants and skip all the impulse buys at the checkout counter? Try Amazon Fresh!